Lone Star Award
The Lone Star Award is given to local chapters exhibiting outstanding service to membership and to the promotion of play therapy and the credentialing of Registered Play Therapists. The award is given to chapters at the Annual TAPT conference to chapters who meet the following criteria:
- 50% of Local Chapter Members are also current members of APT/TAPT.
- 2% of Local Chapter membership are RPT/S. (Chapters must submit their local member chapter with APT/TAPT and RPT/S members noted).
- All Board members of the local chapter are members of APT/TAPT
- Local Chapter provides at least 6 hours of APT Approved CE’s to membership each year
- Local Chapter posts all CE workshops on the APT website
- Local Chapter has at least once promoted the value of play and play therapy to the general public, segments thereof, e.g. other mental health professionals, the medical or legal professions, the insurance industry, schools and universities.
Supporting documents of the criteria are due to the TAPT President on March 1st.
Winners of the Lone Star Award will be:
Recognized at the TAPT conference / Featured in the TAPT Newsletter / Able to use the Lone Star Award Logo on their websites for the year they have won (April- April) / Given a Free TAPT conference registration to raffle off at their Local Chapter
Please contact TAPT President at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.