The Coastal Bend Chapter meets at noon on the fourth Wednesday, every other month, at the First Baptist Church on Ocean Drive. They offer one free CEU at each meeting for members, and annual membership is only $20!
Past Presentations include:
- Using Play Behaviors & Themes in Play Therapy with Julie Thigpen
- Play Therapy Applications: The Art Center of Corpus Christi Presents Crayon Carving – Using Expressive Techniques in Practice with Paula Rosenstein & Sharon Chapman
- We handed out medals to participants at Family Outreach of Corpus Christi’s Annual Legacy Run. The medals included our chapter logo and the statement, “The Family That Plays Together, Stays Together.”
- Annual Fall Retreat held on November 2nd and 3rd. Dr. Wendy Helker presented to Play Therapists about Sensory Processing Disorders and Julie Thigpen spoke on Secondary Trauma. We had enjoyed a good turnout and learned lots of valuable information!
Future presentations and activities include:
- CBC-TAPT is pairing with the local Marriage and Family Therapy group for the annual December collaborative training
- Annual Spring Membership Drive is in the works and will be held in February or March 2012